Take It As It Comes

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fridays and Saturdays!

I'm going to have to say that Fridays and Saturdays are not always my favorite days of the week. I know most people probably think I'm completely crazy for saying that, but they aren't. Friday, the band, of course, had a football game to play at, so we had to be back at school by 3:30 when it ends at 1:45-ish on Fridays. Since I live a good 20 minute drive away and my mother works, I had to hang around Elkton with other bandees whose parents were unavailable. So, when school let out, Emilia, Devanni, Skylar, and I walked around the big, scary metropolis of Todd county. ha ha. We spent, like, the whole time at Subway... and all we bought was four drinks and a cookie. Yeah... ha ha!
At 3:30, we got back to the high school via Heather and immediately started practice. Mr. Warren added visuals to the very small amount of the Closer that we had gone over, and taught the ones who were sick the drill. After all that, we did a full run; Opener, Ballad, and (the beginning of) Closer. It was decent, but not as good as I would have liked.
Following practice, about 5:30, we had 45 minutes to get dressed (which is just enough time), then we ran through "The Star-Spangled Banner" and marched over to the field "on taps". After playing the anthem and going on the field for the fight song, we could finally get settled in the bleachers. The game was uneventful, like all TCCHS games are for our team.
At 8 minutes left in the 2nd, we went to warm-up. Standing still, music was awesome! Then we got all lined up, marched on, and got in opening set. The Opener went smoothly, visual wise (not as great musically, but acceptable), the Ballad was pretty good, and, frankly, the Closer was a train-wreck. Literally. The front line didn't hit, so we were all too close for a very dangerous move. Not surprisingly, there were several collisions :( I was very disappointed in myself and the rest of the band.
We got the 3rd quarter off to eat, in which time there was an individual eating in his or her uniform. Since this brand new, $6,000 investment is not to be taken lightly, and because Mr. W told us never to eat in the jackets, we all now have 20 extra push-ups to do... that is, IN ADDITION to the 50 from last Saturday and the 20 from someone lying their jacket on the ground (also a no-no). So, all in all, 90 push-ups (we've already completed 40 additional ones for talking during practice Monday). He won't make us do them all in one sitting, of course, but still...
Finally, we got to leave the stadium after a final playing of the fight song. TCCHS lost against Reidland, 34-3. Yeah. It's kind of sad when the marching band's bad run is better than the football team's best performance. After changing, I was put in charge of getting hat boxes in order, then I immediately grabbed my school stuff and ran for the car! :) We got home around 11, at which time my cousin, Chris, and his girlfriend, Meagan, arrived at our house from Memphis.

We stayed up until 1 A.M.

Saturday (aka, today) was much better, in my opinion. I got to sleep in, well at least more sleep than normal. Chris and Meagan left for Clarksville and I got up and got dressed fairly early for a Saturday. I called my friend, Marie, and we went around Guthrie selling advertisements for Todd County Festival of Bands!!!! (October 10th, 2009; please come!) :D Hopefully enough bands will decide to come this year so we can actually have a competition. Marie and I had fun going to all the local businesses and asking for money. ha ha. Anyways, if anybody wants to advertise a business, let me know ^^ We have to pay off these BRAND NEW CONTRAS and UNIFORMS!!! :D I'm so excited about the season! I hope it turns out Great!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home