Take It As It Comes

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September 2nd, 2009


Today for English, we got an assignment to make a blog following our reactions and thoughts as we read The Hunger Games. After creating that blog, I decided to make a personal one. This one is just going to be for little daily thoughts and tidbits. Major events in my life for the world to share knowledge about and criticize :) I will probably have a lot of posts about band, since that is a very big part of my life right now. If you dislike band nerds, please, for your own sake and mine, stop reading now.

My life is pretty hectic lately. With school going with the full workload and marching band practices every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, football games (that we have to play and preform at) almost every Friday, and competitions almost every Saturday, I've been pretty tied down. Plus, I've been searching for scholarships in my free time on sites like zinch.com and scholarships.com just trying to get some money secured for when that time comes. Rose, one of my close friends
and my "adopted mother" (We adopted each other last year; more on that later) Got me into looking for them. If anybody in high school or college is interested, the Ayn Rand Institute has a good essay contest. Go to:
for more information :) You just read one of her books and answer a question in an essay. It's practically free money! ha ha!
Speaking of Rose, I'm getting a new little "brother" in a month! =D Right now, I am an only child; biologically and otherwise. So this new addition, this little miracle, this future band nerd (like his mama and sis!) is so exciting to be anticipating! My lil bro's not the only band baby this year. Jada, our baritone/euphonium freshman, is also eight months pregnant (on the 14th) and our band director's wife just had their first baby girl, Norah. Three new band babies! This may get confusing. Let's recap:
1) Jada is having a baby boy. They haven't decided on the name yet.
2) Rose is having my brother (a boy, if you weren't absolutely sure) named Braxton Patrick! ily!
3) The middle school's band director's wife had the only girl baby this year, Norah Katherine.

Well, today is Wednesday, there's no marching practice (thank goodness, I am about to DIE!), so obviously I had to schedule something in. Oh, yeah, Wednesday, church, right. Sigh... church.


Okay, you're probably wondering what's wrong with me. I love my church; everything about it. The people, the location, and, up until recently, the building. A little over a month ago, our church burnt completely down to the ground. The reports say lightning struck the steeple. It still pains me to think about it and to watch the news coverage. Almost two years ago now, my family's house burnt down. It wasn't lightning or anything, just an old, victorian style home with an unknown electrical problem. Unfortunately, when we discovered there was a problem, it was too late to really fix it (ha). Anyways, here's a link to the newspaper photos from the church:
I might get some other coverage up here later, but for now, it's off to the Guthrie church.

**UPDATE** Jada's baby has a name! Ja'Kavian O'Neil Graham! ^^ My babies will be coming in early October! I'm excited!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous phyllis said...

I call first comment!!!
You will get an invitation to read my blog after I get your email address...I closed my new blog to the general public and started a new one not so long ago...
I'm so excited to get into your head thru your bloggie! You know I'm not a mind reader...but something about you makes me want a donut?

September 2, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home